RD varsity yet to publish +3 results; students suffer
The inordinate delay in publication of results of Plus-Three Final Year students belonging to 46 women colleges affiliated to the Rama Devi Women’s University has hampered the prospects of the students intending to pursue higher education, particularly postgraduate programmes.
While there is no official information regarding publication of the Plus Three results of these colleges, the university authorities have made a partial move by announcing Plus Three results of the Rama Devi Degree College running in its campus on Monday.
According to information, students have already been deprived of applying for PG entrance tests of many unitary universities as the latter require scanned copies of Degree certificates for filling up forms for the test.
For example, the prestigious Gangadhar Meher University, Sambalpur had sought scanned copies of the Degree certificates for filling up forms with last date June 12, 2018.
Similarly, the students, who have already appeared PG entrance tests of different universities, now feel insecure as regards to getting admission in those universities as they don’t have Degree certificates in hands while some universities have already announced rank lists with admission dates.
For example, the Ravenshaw University has already announced rank lists and admission dates.
For Mathematics rank-holders, the university has set June 22 for admission. Students have been asked to produce all academic and other required certificates for taking admissions.
The rank holders include girl students who are awaiting results.
According to reports, Rama Devi Women University’s Controller of Examination Ajit Kar told parents, who recently met him over the delay in results, that results would be published on June 18.
Now, a question arises as to whether the students selected for admission into the Ravenshaw University would avail certificates by June 21 and produce them to get them admission in the Ravenshaw University.
While these two are of many examples, students are also going to suffer in many ways. The Khallikote Autonomous College has also sought scanned copies of all academic certificates for its PG entrance test by June 21 and the last date for submission of online application is June 16. The students will also not be able to apply for the PG programme of this well-famed age-old college of the State.
Parents have resented that the future of their wards have been pushed into uncertainties due to delay in publication of results by the Rama Devi Women’s University.
“Who is responsible is not at all a question now. What is needed now is the university authorities and the Government should rise to protect the future of the students now,” said Dayanidi Samal, father of a Plus Three Final Year student.
Similarly, Mohan Samal, another parent, lamenting that there is lack of coordination among universities in the State demanded that the Government should ask all the universities to extend application dates and take admissions after results of all the universities are published.
As many as 8,000 students have appeared the Plus Three Final Year examinations in three streams of Arts, Science and Commerce under the Rama Devi University.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar