State achieves 96% CAMPA target
The State has achived 96 per cent of CAMPA (Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management and Planning Authority) target and emerged as the leading State in its implementation, claimed the Government on Monday.
The Forests and Environment officers informed this at the State Level Steering Committee CAMPA meeting held under chairmanship of Chief Secretary AP Padhi at the Secretariat on Monday. Department Secretary Suresh Chndra Moahapatra and PCCF JD Sharma presented the updates and outlined issues for discussion.
Padhi directed the department to accomplish the targets of Ama Jungle Yojana (AMY) by 2019. The committee decided to set up a forest academy to provide training to forest officials.
This year, conservation of sacred grooves and supply of Unnata Chulah have been included in the Annual Operation of Plan. An ambitious APO of Rs 513 crore approved for 2015-16.
It was revealed that compensatory afforestation was undertaken in a total of 53,268.11 hectares of land against target of 59,936.526 hectares upto 2014-15. It has been targeted that compensatory afforestation would be undertaken in 4, 046.97 hectares and security zone plantation in 1047 hectares during 2015-16 APO. A total of 14,750 trees will be planted along the road sides. A financial outlay of Rs 52.94 cr has been done for this purpose in the APO 2015-16.
It was decided to form 2,000 Vana Surakshya Samities in 30 forest divisions of the State during 2015-16 APO. Around Rs 22.41 has been allotted in the APO for this.
Around 2161 of sacred groves have been identified and a scheme namely "Integrated Development of Sacred Grooves" has been approved with a financial outlay of Rs 1,596.20 lakh for conservation and development of the places of worship of various tribal communities.
ACCF Subash Swain said around 700 sacred grooves would be developed during 2015-16 APO. Similarly, 700 Unnata Chulahs, each at Rs 1,500, would be supplied.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur