- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
State Govt to verify NGOs’ performances
The Odisha Government has decided to verify the performances of Non-Government Organisations (NGOs) located in different places of the State. “We will review the performance of the NGOs; and stern action will be taken against the nonperforming organisations,” said Women and Child Development Minister Prafulla Samal.
He also said that the Government would look into the grounds on which the NGOs were blacklisted.
The Minister’s reaction came following the Central Government’s report that Odisha NGOs are on the top of nonperforming ones in the country. Of the 924 NGOs identified by the Union Women and Child Development Ministry as ‘bad’ NGOs recently, Odisha has been placed at the top with as many as 289 such NGOs.
Though the Ministry report did not mention of the criteria on which the NGOs were listed, it is believed that the list was prepared after reviewing the performance of the organisations getting foreign aid.
Several NGOs in districts like Dhenkanal, Nayagarh and Koraput were among others allegedly functioning only on the pen and paper. Out of the listed 289 Odisha NGOs, several have been blacklisted and foreign aid to others has been stopped. The WCD Ministry lists several criteria for classifying nonperformers, such as blacklisting by any Ministry or autonomous body such as Nabard, National Commission for Women (NCW), Rashtriya Mahila Kosh and Central Social Welfare Board.
“Sometimes these NGOs take funds for certain activities and do not perform. Even if they do the work, they do not intimate the sponsors regularly and in the correct manner,” it is alleged.
The NGOs that do not have the Darpan Portal Registration Number, a facility offered by the NITI Aayog and National Informatics Centre for Government to list authentic bodies, or FCRA registration number are also in the nonperforming category.
Some NGOs have been designated “blacklisted” while others are said to be “in the process of being blacklisted”.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi