Three Odia filmmakers’ movies to be screened
The 48th International Film Festival of India (IFFI), beginning in Goa on November 20 would screen films by three Odisha-born filmmakers.
Nila Madhab Panda’s ‘Kadvi Hawa’ and Amartya Bhattacharyya’s ‘Khyanikaa--The Lost Idea’ have been picked under the Indian Panorama Section while Lipika Singh Darai’s ‘The Waterfall’ has found a place among the 16 non-feature films.
‘Kadvi Hawa’, starring Sanjay Mishra, Ranvir Shorey and Tilottoma Shome, takes an unflinching look at climate change and how it impacts life in rural India while many blissfully sitting in their air-conditioned rooms are indifferent to the impending catastrophe. The trailer of the movie has been appreciated for its hard-hitting message. Touted to be India’s first feature film on the issue, it won a Special Mention at the 64th National Film Awards. The film would hit theatres on November 24.
‘Khyanikaa--The Lost Idea’ is a fantasy driven tale of two men, a poet and a painter, claiming possession over the same idea. The idea has been personified as a beautiful young lady free of all bondage. The two men try to justify their claim over their idea through their art forms. The film stars Amrita Chowdhury, Susant Misra, Choudhury Bikash Das, Hrushikesh Bhoi and Swastik Choudhury in the lead roles while Anu Choudhury has played a cameo. ‘Khyanikaa’ has earlier been screened at different film festivals in Canada, the UK and the US.
‘The Waterfall’ traces the evolution of a young city boy, Karun, to appreciate the value of the environment and think critically about climate change and development. The 20-minute film shot in and around the Khandadhar waterfall was adjudged the Best Educational Film at the 64th National Film Awards 2017.
Mainstream cinema ‘Jolly LLB 2’ and ‘Baahubali 2: The Conclusion’ will also be screened at the festival along with the widely-acclaimed ‘Newton’, which is also the official entry from India for the Oscars.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar