- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Tribal Art Museum opens at Barkul
Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated a Purvasha Folk and Tribal Art Museum, set up at Barkul near Chilika, for tourists at a function in the State Secretariat here on Saturday. He said the museum would play a significant role in promoting, protecting and projecting Odisha’s cultural heritage at a global platform.
The Society for Development of Rural Literature has been set up to promote the cultural heritage of Odisha. The museum would preserve, protect and also project our rich cultural heritage for the posterity. The society has also set up a Documentation and Research Centre and is organising a Folk Carnival to showcase the State’s culture, he said.
The CM also launched the website of the ODIART Centre.
The tribal art museum, which has 16 galleries, is set up at Barkul near the Panthanivas. The structure constructed by the ODIART is situated in a five-acre area. It features Odisha’s traditional art such as Mukha, Pattachitra, Manjapa card, painting and Chandua. There is also a theatre for dance and dance drama and a library ‘Prafulla’ in the premises.
There is also an art centre for research and documentation of ODIART. A Gurukul has been set up for visual and performing arts. Another structure has been constructed for delicious Odisha cuisine.
However, a decision is yet to be taken about fee, said ODIART Chairman Swadesh Sundar Patnaik. Notably, the Folk Carnival is scheduled to commence at the Documentation and Research Centre from Saturday and continue till December 16.
- INBRIEF 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- BCCL to mine coal under DC line to douse raging inferno 19 Jul 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Bangladesh citizen arrested for fraud 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Bridge on Giridih, Ranchi road collapses 19 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Cultural Week concludes at DPS 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Rotary Club Chas on ‘green’ mission 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- RMC approves conversion of Zakir Hussain Park into Dharna spot 19 Jul 2018 | PRAGYA PALLAVI | in Ranchi
- Marwari community for CBI probe into Haz’g suicide case 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Youth Congress members attempt to gherao Vidhan Sabha 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Strike of ambulance service staff declared illegal 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur