- No-confidence motion against Modi government defeated
- I want to assure people of Andhra Pradesh that they will not be left behind : PM
- I am 'chowkidar' and 'bhagidar', but not a 'saudagar' like you: PM to Rahul Gandh
- PM Modi to visit South Africa, attend BRICS Summit from July 23
- LS takes up for discussion no-trust vote against Modi govt
- Shiv Sena MPs to remain absent for no-trust motion against Modi govt
- India, US first '2+2 dialogue' on September 6: State Department
‘Two Ministers shielding Kuresu killers’
The BJP has alleged that two Ministers from Ganjam district, Surjya Narayan Patro and Usha Devi, are protecting criminals in the district and demanded that they be brought under investigation in some cases.
“Police are yet to arrest any of culprits in the Kuresu Gauda murder case at Digapahandi Punjikanya Square as BJD leaders are involved. Police are not arresting them under the pressure of the two Ministers,” alleged BJP State secretary Bibhuti Jena at a Press meet held here on Wednesday.
He alleged that accused Keshab Kundu alias Thesa Kalia and Sanjay Panigrahi are now openly participating in meetings of the two Ministers. “The police are not conducting investigation on the basis of the FIR lodged by the deceased Kureshu’s wife Laxmi Gauda but are doing so on the basis of complaint lodged by the hotel owner. Police should conduct investigation on the basis of her FIR and arrest BJD sponsors and bring the two ministers under purview of investigation.” demanded Jena.
He too demanded that the case be handed over to the CBI for investigation.
He threatened that the BJP would take to the streets if investigation is not conducted on the basis of Laxmi Gouda’s complaint.
Among others, BJP district president Kanhu Charan Pati, Manoranjan Dyan Santra and Sisir Padhi were present.
However, the police arrested accused Thesha Kali following an encounter.
- CM grieves demise of Dr Ramchandra Singhdeo 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Maoist bandh cripples life in Malkangiri 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Raipur
- Got new lease of life, will work more for people’s welfare: Jogi 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CS sets tree plantation target for all industrial units 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Caloffee to provide European flavour to Raipurians 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Gariaband first in State with max. solar irrigation pumps 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- 90,000 trucks, goods carriers go on indefinite strike 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Attack on Swami Agnivesh is condemnable: Baba Ramdev 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur becomes ‘future development layout city' 21 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- ‘Open MKCG 2nd gate in public interest’ 21 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar