UDAN air connectivity to R’kela from Jan 23
Flight services to Kolkata and Bhubaneswar from this steel city are likely to start under the Ude Desh ka Aam Nagrik (UDAN) scheme from January 23.
A decision in this regard was taken at a meeting chaired by Chief Secretary AP Padhi in Bhubaneswar.
Since the airstrip belongs to the Rourkela Steel Plant, an MoU needs to be signed between the Airport Authority of India (AAI), the Steel Authority of India (SAIL) and the State Government for operation of commercial flights. A draft of the MoU has been prepared under which the airport would be transferred to the AAI.
All secondary works including construction of a signal tower and a boundary wall have been completed.
“The draft MoU has been approved. They have decided to start operations immediately after inking of MoU.
They are searching for an operator. They have told me that after finalising an operator, they will start operations by the end of this month, tentatively from 23rd,” informed Rourkela MLA Dilip Ray.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi