Vyasanagar ex-Councillor suspended from BJD
Senior BJD leader and former Vyasanagar Municipality Councillor Soumendra Kumar Rout has been suspended from the party for antiparty activities.
Rout is said to be the key person for repeated confidence motions moved in the Vyasanagar civic body which resulted in unnecessary waste of time instead of doing welfare works and led to horse trading among Councillors to throw Chairperson Sabita Rout out of her post.
Three consecutive confidence motions decreased the BJD’s vote bank, for which the people are blaming the party’s top leaders including Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik, former Minister Pranab Prakas Das, Sukinda MLA Priti Ranjan Ghadai and Korai MLA Akash DasNayak.
It has been a topic of discussion among the locals that was the clash here was persuaded by them for their personal political mileages. Naveen Patnaik had eventually suspended Sabita Rout from the BJD.
Evaluating the root of the disturbances and with instructions from Naveen Patnaik, local MLA Akash DasNayak and Vyasanagar BJD president Braja Kishore Rout suspended Soumendra from the party.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi