‘Winnability main basis for Congress ticket’
In the wake of Opposition to the ‘one-man-one-post’ policy within the party, Odisha Pradesh Congress Committee (OPCC) president Niranjan Patnaik on Tuesday said it only means one shall not hold a party post and a post of an elected representative simultaneously.
“The one-man-one-post issue has been misinterpreted by the media. A candidate who has better chance of winning will be definitely given ticket to contest the upcoming elections whether he is a party forum’s working president, secretary or even an executive member,” clarified Patnaik
He further said that winnability would remain the primary criterion of ticket distribution. “Preference for youths, women and new faces will come second. Decisions on tickets distribution will be taken at the grassroot level and not here in Bhubaneswar.
Patnaik had earlier advocated for the one-man-one-post policy, which triggered discontent within the party, especially among senior leaders.
Senior leaders including president of Khordha District Congress Committee Suresh Kumar Routray had protested against the new rule, saying it would debar many important leaders including him from getting tickets for the coming elections.
Patnaik also informed that a circular would be issued soon to the effect that no party leader can voice his opinion directly to the media. He has to inform it either to the PCC or the All India Congress Committee (AICC). Besides, only designated party spokesprsons would talk to the media.
Indiscipline in the party would not be tolerated, the PCC head warned.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar