Would Govt waive farm loans?
Farmers are being provided loans at one per cent interest and compensation for crop loss by way of insurance. Besides, efforts are on to provide all supports to them and their problems are being considered seriously.
Cooperation Minister Surjya Narayan Patro submitted this reply in the State Assembly to a question of Congress MLA Tara Prasad Bahinipati, who wanted to know why the State Government is moving back from waiving farm loans while other States have supported their peasants by waiving loans and at a time when farmers are committing suicide due to loan burden.
Bahanipati had also wanted to know the amount the State exchequer has to bear if farm loans are waived.
The Minister too informed the House that the Union Ministry of Finance has already warned the various States that the Nabard would not waive farm loans given to farmers in any State intending to waive such loans.
He said the amount of farm loans being given by the Central Cooperative Bank Ltd (CCB) is increasing every year and a total of `10,20,481.32 lakh of local has been given to 32,47,633 farmers during the last year, 2017-17.
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- LGBT march to break heterosexual stereotypes 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal