AAP charges Punjab Govt as ‘Govt of commissions’
Dubbing Punjab Government as “a government of Commissions”, aam aadmi party (AAP) on Wednesday questioned Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh’s austerity measures while demanding to disband the “top heavy” Revenue Department in view of newly set up six-member Revenue Commission.
“On one hand, Capt Amarinder is suggesting small austerity measures like doing away with the income tax paid for MLAs by the state, or urging well-off farmers to shun power subsidy, but on the other hand, he’s on a largesse spree setting up Commission after Commission, which is having a devastating financial affect on the already bankrupt exchequer,” said AAP MLA and the Leader of Opposition in Vidhan Sabha Sukhpal Khaira.
Khaira said that he wondered what the newly-set up Revenue Commission will achieve in their tenure of one year, that a top heavy Revenue Department could not achieve in decades?
“The Revenue Department is already loaded with top heavy bureaucracy at the Civil Secretariat at Chandigarh, besides an army of officers at the divisional and district levels. The top heavy bureaucracy, headed by a Financial Commissioner Revenue (FCR), are all trained officers with decades of experience in the field as well as the administrative side,” he said.
Khaira said task handed out to the Revenue Commission is to make existing laws and procedures on land administration in tune with requirements of agricultural and non-agricultural uses, and propose new laws and procedures to make revenue administration more transparent.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi