Biting cold after rain, snow in HP
Biting cold conditions prevailed in most parts of Himachal Pradesh on Wednesday despite a sunny day after rains and snow for the last three days. The minimum temperatures across the State were recorded at one to four degrees below normal, a MeT department official said.
Jhanjehli in Mandi district received 10 mm of rains while Kalpa received 1 cm of snow Tuesday night.
Kasauli was wettest in the region with 13 mm rains during the last one day, followed by Dalhousie, Dharampur, Bajaura, Bhuntar, Shimla, Seobagh, Solan, Jubbarhatti and Sundernagar which received 12 mm, 9 mm, 8 mm, 7mm, 6mm, 4mm and 2 mm of rains respectively.
The high altitude tribal areas reeled under arctic conditions with night temperatures staying at 14 to 20 degrees below freezing point while Keylong, Manali and Kalpa recorded a low of minus 11.6 degrees, minus 4.4 degrees and minus 4.0 degrees respectively.
Sundernagar, Bhuntar and Shimla shivered at 1.5 degrees Celsius, 1.8 degrees Celsius and 1.9 degrees Celsius respectively. Solan and Palampur recorded a low of 2.0 and 3.0 degrees Celsius respectively, followed by Una, Dharamsala and Nahan at 6.2, 6.8 and 7.5 degrees Celsius.
Keylong groaned under piercing cold wave conditions during the day also with maximum temperature staying low at minus 1.3 degrees Celsius, followed by Kalpa, Dalhousie, Manali, Shimla, Dharamsala, Solan, Nahan, Bhuntar, Chamba, Sundernagar and Una.
The local MeT office has predicted rains or snow at isolated places in mid and higher hills on Thursday and dry weather in rest of the State for the next six days till February 20.
Despite of rains or snow during the past three days , the winter rain deficit till date was minus 71 per cent, which is causing worry to farmers.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi