Cold weather conditions continue in Punjab, Haryana
Most parts of Punjab and Haryana reeled under cold weather conditions with Admapur in Jalandhar being the coldest place in the region with a low of 2.2 degrees Celsius.
Chandigarh, the common capital of both the States, shivered at a minimum of 5.1 degrees Celsius, the Met department said.
Minimum temperatures in several parts of Punjab and Haryana remained several notches below normal.
In Haryana, Ambala, Hisar and Karnal recorded their respective minimums at 4.5, 3.5 and 2.5 degrees Celsius respectively, up to four notches below normal. Among other places, Narnaul and Rohtak recorded their lows at 5.5 and 5.1 degrees Celsius respectively.
In Punjab, Amritsar’s minimum settled at 4.6 degrees Celsius, while Ludhiana and Patiala braved cold weather conditions with low of 4.7 and 5.6 degrees Celsius respectively. Bathinda, Halwara, Faridkot and Pathankot experienced a low at 4.3, 2.9, 4 and 5.3 degrees Celsius, respectively.
Some places, including Ambala and Karnal, witnessed fog while there was a mist at few places in Punjab and Haryana.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi