Cong opposes proposed power tariff hike in UT
The Congress has opposed the proposed hike in power tariff in the Union Territory of Chandigarh. Former Union Minister and ex-city MP Pawan Kumar Bansal has written a strongly worded letter to the chairman Joint Electricity Regulatory Commission (JERC) in which he has condemned the proposed hike in electricity tariff by the UT Administration.
The UT Electricity Department in its Aggregate Revenue Requirement (ARR) and tariff petition has proposed a hike of up to 20 per cent in the existing tariff for the next financial year in different slabs, which will come into force from April 1.
In his representation to the JERC, Bansal pointed the fact that the penalty of the inefficiency and failure to curtail wasteful expenditure and transmission and distribution on the part of electricity department cannot be imposed on the end customer. The easy route hiking the power tariff is not only wrongful but also will not be able to solve the problems from the grassroots, he said.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun