Criminal carrying Rs 25,000 bounty held
Haryana Police has arrested a most wanted criminal carrying a reward of Rs 25,000 on his head.
The arrested accused Rakesh Mokharia, a former national level wrestler, was declared most wanted by Rohtak Police in Balbir murder case in year 2017, said a spokesman of Police Department.
He said that Police team had also recovered a country made 30 bore pistol from his possession.
Following the instructions of Director General of Police to act tough against the criminals, Rohtak Police is continuously trying to nab the most wanted criminals. This is the second most wanted nabbed by Rohtak police during last one week period, said he
The spokesman said that a team of Rohtak Police, had got an information that a most wanted criminal carrying an illegal weapon was roaming near bridge on outer bypass of Jhajjar road with an intention to commit a criminal offence. Acting swiftly, police team under the supervision of Superintendent of Police, Jasandeep Singh Randhawa, immediately rushed to the spot and arrested the accused Rakesh Mokharia, a native of village Mokhra, district Rohtak with a country made pistol.
A case was registered against the accused at Police Station, Shivaji Colony. He would be produced in court from where a remand would be sought, he added.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar