- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Haryana Govt to honour 22 CWG medalists on April 26
The Manohar Lal Khattar Government in Haryana will honour all 22 medal winners of 21st Commonwealth Games in a function to be orgainsed here on April 26.
Every gold medal winner from Haryana will get cash award of Rs 1.5 crore, silver medal winner Rs 75 lakh and bronze medal winner Rs 50 lakh, said Chief Minister Manohar Lal while addressing a public meeting at village Siwah in Panipat.
Describing Haryana as a hub of sports, he said that Haryana is a small state having just two per cent population of the country, the players have brought laurels at national and international level with their performances.
Indian contingent finished third in the medal tally with a total of 66 medals in CWG, Haryana players especially the women led the medal tally for India with a total of 22 individual medals which is 33 per cent. It is a matter of great pleasure that Santosh Kumari, daughter of Siwah, haS brought laurels to the state and country by winning gold medal last year in All India Police Games, said he.
The Chief Minister said that Haryana is the only state in the country where cash award of Rs 6 crore is given for winning the gold medal in Olympics, Rs 4 crore for silver medal and Rs 2.5 crore for bronze medal. In addition, the players would be appointed as HCS and HPS officers as well as in other government jobs according to their achievements, he added.
Transport Minister Krishan Lal Panwar, MP Ashwani Chopra, MLAs Mahipal Dhanda, Rohita Rewari and Ravinder Macchrauli and others were also present on the occasion.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi