- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Haryana to award star ratings to best GPs
In a bid to encourage the gram panchayats to actively implement various schemes, the Manohar Lal Khattar Government in Haryana has swung into action to award star ratings amongst 6203 gram panchayats in the State.
The State Government has launched “7-star village scheme” under which best performing selected gram panchayats (GPs) from each district will be indentified and would be awarded and incentivized. Such GPs will be recognized as “Indradhanush Gram Panchayats” who scores maximum in seven parameters fixed by the Haryana Department of Development and Panchayats.
There are 6203 gram panchayat, 140 panchayat samitis and 21 zila parishads in the State.The scheme has been launched on the occasion on Republic day while the results will be announced on March 10 and an award ceremony to honour the GPs will be held on March 23.
Under the scheme, star GP status will be given on the basis of performance in seven parameters including sex ratio, education (zero dropouts or minimum dropouts), hygiene, peace and harmony (no litigation or minimum litigation), environment preservation, good Governance and social participation.
Pink star would be given to such panchayats which work best in improving the sex ratio, green star for protection of environment, white star for cleanliness, saffron star for crime-free villages or social harmony, sky colour star to the village which has no drop outs, golden star for good governance and silver star would be given for participation in the development of villages.
As per the selection process chalked out by the Department of Development and Panchayats, the performance of star GP would be assessed on each parameter having maximum 100 marks and award will be conferred to the top 10 percent of GPs which achieves maximum marks. The star gram panchayat selection will be an online and offline process and a questionnaire for evaluation of GPs has been prepared.
Apart from this, a state level panchayat performance assessment committee (SPPAC) is set up by the Government under the chairmanship of Minister, Development & Panchayats along with Principal Secretary of the Department to guide the selection of best GP. The SPPAC will also include the Administrative Secretaries of various departments.
The committee will oversee the whole process of selection of top performing GPs, guidelines for awards, formation of district level or block level committee for field verification, number and quantum of prize money which could be as high as crores of rupees.
To ensure that the scheme receives good response, the State Government has written to all deputy commissioners, ADCs, CEO zila parishads, all DDPOs and BDPOs to publicize it amongst the elected representatives of PRIs and encourage them to participate in it by filling online questionnaires.
The State Government has decided that the process for selection of star GPs will be done on annual basis (between January to March).
The main objective of this scheme is to strengthen the gram panchayats and to highlight it as an institution of decision making and also, making the GPs proud.
Notably, to empower the panchayati raj institutions (PRIs) in the State, the State Government had last year announced to transfer development works and schemes of various departments to panchayat samitis and zila parishads for their effective implementation and monitoring. Among other initiatives taken by the State Government to empower the PRIs included mandatory education qualification and other prescribed conditions for the elected candidates, increasing the limit of development works to be executed by gram panchayats from Rs 10 lakh to Rs 20 lakh, construction of Gram Sachivalyas.
Apart from this, several central schemes focusing on rural development has been implemented in the State.
- CM: Outfits that allied with the grand old party have suffered destruction 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Model School exhibits brilliant performance, wins badminton tourney 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Teachers stage street play on dowry 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Renowned classical singer performs ragas 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Aakhri Bus: A light hearted Hindi comedy play staged 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Counselling for BE, MCA, B Pharm lateral entry begins 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Eight-year-old boy dies after jumping from 6th floor 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Bakery owner held for sexually assaulting 24-year-old girl 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- ZHL given best medical service provider award 19 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Assault on Agnivesh puts House on boil 19 Jul 2018 | Santosh Narayan | in Ranchi