- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Haryana to develop 14,000 ponds: CM Manohar Lal
Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal on Monday said that all the 14,000 ponds in the state have been divided into three categories and these will be developed according to the requirement of each pond.
The Chief Minister was addressing a public meeting after laying the foundation stone of General Bus Stand and workshop of City Bus Stand at village Siwah in Panipat. A sum of Rs 17 crore will be incurred on these projects.
Describing water as lifeline, he said that Government has taken a historic decision by setting up Haryana Pond Authority with the objective to ensure cleanliness of water and to promote sanitation in the state. Apart from this, the Shivdham Navinikaran Yojana has also been implemented to ensure construction of boundary wall and pavement of path upto all cremation grounds and graveyards, said he.
The Chief Minister said that presently, there were 220 such schemes of Central and State Government benefits of which can be availed by all sections of the society. But in the absence of information, people are unable to get the full benefits of these schemes.
To sort this out, Antodaya Seva Kendras will be set up in all 22 districts in the state. The benefit of all these 220 schemes would be given to public online in these centres, said he.
Manohar Lal also listed various achievements of the present government and added that the government has made fruitful efforts to ensure transparent and corruption free governance.
He also announced that 29 unauthorised colonies of Panipat would be regularized and a new bus stand would be constructed at Matlauda.
In addition, Bus Q Shelters will also be constructed through Zila Panchayats in all such villages and towns where panchayat send a proposal in this regard, said the Chief Minister.
He directed the chairperson, Zila Parishad, Panipat to immediately send a list of places where Bus Q Shelters need to be constructed in the district for the convenience of elders, divyangs and women. In addition, the government has added 600 new buses to the fleet of Haryana Roadways for their convenience, he added.
Describing the day a historic for the people of village Siwah and adjoining villages, he said that the new bus station would be constructed on six and a half acres of land.
He said that the youth of Sewah village are serving in the army, paramilitary forces, police and other departments.
The Chief Minister said that Member of Parliament, Ashwani Chopra has adopted this village to accelerate the pace of development of the village. In future, the government would give full support and cooperation to the schemes of Panchayati Raj Institutions for the development of village Siwah, he added.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun