HP to form squads to ensure quality infra projects
Himachal Government would ensure quality in construction of roads, bridges and other Government buildings in the State by evolving a mechanism for third party inspection by establishing an independent quality check squad in the Chief Minister Office.
Presiding over a meeting regarding implementation of GST and its impact in the Public Works Department on the works contract here,Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur said the State Government would take serious note of any delay in completion of projects or compromising quality. "The Government would not hesitate in taking action against the erring contractors or executing agencies," he added.
Thakur said that the Government was also contemplating to start a scheme to provide incentives to the executing agencies completing the projects ahead of stipulated time period. "This would not only bring competitiveness amongst the contractors but also help in checking cost escalation in the projects," he said, adding that automation of Public Works Department would be taken in a big way so that maximum use of information technology could be ensured for monitoring progress in ongoing projects.
The Chief Minister said that for ensuring quality construction material and also providing relief to the contractors, the government has decided that except cement, the material approved would be arranged themselves by the contractors by the market and if any material required by the contractors, the same would be issued on proportionate market rates to be derived on the basis of agreement rates and no input tax credits etc. would be given to the contractors on the said material issued from the store.
Thakur directed the officers to identify spots where frequent landslides take place especially in rainy season. Adequate men and machinery should be deployed there so that in case of landslides the commuters do not face any inconvenience.
Additional Chief Secretary, PWD Manisha Nanda said the department would ensure best coordination with the executing agencies so that all the projects being executed in the State could be completed within stipulated time period.
- Ranchi girl wins Int’l beauty contest 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Missing boy’s body found 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chhattisgarh to provide `10 cr aid to Kerala 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Roy inspects repairing of pump house at Mango, water supply resumes 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Tribal Affairs Dept launches App for profile registration of beneficiaries 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Harmu River rejuvenation work to be completed in 2 months 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CS directs officials to keep watch over cattle smuggling 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- XLRI’s ‘Jamshedpur Run’ today 19 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Maoist surrender before police in Giridih 19 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- NMDC officials study Dhamtari solid waste mgt facility 19 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur