- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Jakhar flays BKU for its ‘politically motivated’ protests during Amarinder Singh’s Mansa visit
Punjab Congress president Sunil Jakhar on Saturday hit out out at BKU–Ugrahan for its politically motivated protests during Chief Minister Capt Amarinder Singh’s visit to Mansa on Friday, dubbing it as an attempt to divert attention from the State Government’s efforts to help the aggrieved cotton farmers of the region.
Instead of appreciating Capt Amarinder’s proactive intervention after taking suo motu cognisance of reports of crop infestation by white-fly, a handful of farmers, under the banner of BKU-Ugrahan, chose to give it a political colour, Jakhar said in a statement issued here, criticising the organisation for trying to promote its vested interests at the cost of the farming community.
The Government expected farmer bodies to support its efforts to alleviate the woes of the community, which had been reeling under severe distress due to the misrule of the erstwhile Akali Government over the past 10 years, he said, adding that less than half a dozen farmers had tried to hijack the Chief Minister’s visit to Mansa with their crude attempts at playing to the gallery.
Jakhar said the Congress Government, despite the critical fiscal situation of the State, had gone all out to bring relief to the beleaguered farmers and had even taken over the debts of the worst-affected small and marginal farmers, as promised in its poll manifesto. Small outfits like BKU-Ugrahan and political rivals like the Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) were trying to negate the Government initiatives in an attempt to mislead the people of Punjab in order to promote their vested political interests, he said.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi