Lance Naik Vikramjit Singh laid to rest with State honour
A tearful adieu was given to 26-year-old Lance Naik Vikramjit Singh, a resident of Tepla village in district Ambala, who was martyred while foiling an infiltration on August 6 in Gurez sector of J&K. His last rites were performed with full State honour at his native village on Thursday. A pall of gloom descended in the village when body was brought in the village by an army consignment.
The martyr’s cremation was held amid slogans of ‘Bharat Mata Ki Jai’. The army and police contingents presented the guard of honour to the martyr by reversing their arms, while hundreds of villagers gave a tearful farewell to the son of the soil. Haryana Government has announced a compensation of Rs 50 lakh to his family and a government job for the martyr’s wife. Lance Naik Vikramjit Singh who joined the Army five years ago, was serving in 36 Rastriya Rifles. He is survived by his father Baljinder Singh, mother Kamlesh Kaur, wife Harpreet Kaur, and younger brother Monu Singh.
His younger brother Monu is serving the Army as Sepoy and is currently posted in Assam. On behalf of State Government, Haryana Health Minister Anil Vij paid rich tributes to the martyr. He also expressed his condolences to the bereaved family. Vij said that a financial assistance of Rs 50 lakh has been transferred to the bank accounts of martyr’s wife Harjit Kaur, father Baljinder Singh and mother Kamlesh Kaur.
While Rs 23.34 lakh has been transferred in the bank account of his wife, Rs 13.33 lakh each has been transferred in the bank accounts of his mother and father. As per the decision of the State Government, wife of martyr Vikram Jit Singh would be provided government job. Directions have been issued to Deputy Commissioner, Ambala Sharandeep Kaur Brar and Secretary, District Sainik Welfare Board to complete all necessary formalities in this regard, Vij added.
Those who paid tributes to the martyr included Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Nayab Singh Saini, MLAs Santosh Sarwan and Aseem Goyal, Brigadier KS Nijjar among others.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun