Lavi fair concludes at Rampur
Presiding over the closing ceremony of International Lavi Fair at Rampur on Tuesday, Himachal Chief Minister Virbhadra Singh said the fair had a long distinguished history and even before Independence of the country, it was a famous trade fair as Rampur was the old silk route of trade between India and Tibet.
He said it had been an important event from the bygone days when the fair was recognised because of its trade activities and even today it was celebrated as an important trade fair. He stressed upon preserving the age old culture and customs of the State and said that such fairs being celebrated all over the state were playing important role in promoting brotherhood and showcasing the rich traditional culture of Himachal Pradesh.
“Himachal was a land of numerous gods and goddesses and our day to day life revolves around them,” stated Singh, adding, “we should make earnest efforts to make such fairs a success as these play an important role in promoting fraternity and love”.
The Chief Minister later distributed prizes to the organisers of the exhibition.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar