Plea to set up SC/ST commission in HP
The chairman of Parliamentary Committee on Welfare of Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes, Kirit P Solanki, on Wednesday said that a SC/ST Commission should be constituted in Himachal Pradesh on the analogy of many other States of the country.
The Parliamentary Committee, which is on tour to Himachal Pradesh held a meeting with Chief Secretary and senior officers of the State Government here.
Presiding over the meeting, Solanki said that strict action must be initiated in the cases of atrocities against the scheduled castes and scheduled tribe. Many incidents of atrocities are reported in the country but they are not reported properly, he said, adding that such cases should not be bypassed neither there should be compromise due to any kind of pressure.
He also said that fast track courts should be established for speedy disposal of such cases.
He expressed satisfaction over the activities being undertaken by the State Government for welfare of the scheduled castes and scheduled tribes.
During the meeting, Chief Secretary Vineet Chaudhary highlighted about various schemes and programmes being implemented by the State Government for welfare of these sections.
He said that the state has 25.29 percent population of scheduled castes and 8.88 percent scheduled tribes. The state is spending 25.19 percent of the state budget on scheduled caste sub-plan while Rs 65 crore had been earmarked under scheduled tribe sub-plan for the year 2017-18.
He apprised the Committee that state Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribe Development Corporation had been constituted to implement various schemes for social welfare of these sections. The government spent Rs 374.54 crore to provide loan facility to 810 beneficiaries during last three years, he said.
Chaudhary further said that the State Government has opened a large number of schools and health institutions to facilitate the children and common citizens. The free Tele-medicine facility had been provided in tribal district of Lahaul-Spiti, Chamba and Pangi. Moreover, the State Government is also providing reservation in government jobs to the people of these sections, he added.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar