- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Punjab Cabinet sub-panel seeks report
The Punjab Cabinet sub-committee, set up for properly managing land of Local Government and Panchayati Raj Institutions and selling them or transferring to gather funds for the government or related units, on Monday sought a detailed report after identifying the departments whose assets have been illegally encroached upon.
The report was sought during the meeting of the cabinet sub-panel, headed by the state Local Government Minister Navjot Singh Sidhu with Finance Minister Manpreet Badal and Rural Development and Panchayat Minister Tript Rajinder Singh Bajwa as its members.
“The data pertaining to all the government departments whose lands are under illegal occupation must be collected. The consolidated report of such lands of all the departments be prepared and submitted in the next meeting,” said Sidhu.
He also directed the officers present to ensure that the details of every government department should be included in the data and no department should be left out. Besides, the report of Justice Kuldeep Singh Commission regarding the illegal encroachments must also be presented before the committee, he stated.
“Before formulating any policy, it is necessary to ascertain that how much of the government land is under illegal occupation irrespective of the department,” said Sidhu while directing that the report should be prepared within 15 days while fixing May 3 for the next meeting.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun