‘Punjab Cong on its way to fulfil one-job per family promise’
Punjab Power and Irrigation Minister Rana Gurjit Singh on Thursday said that in view of the promise made in the election manifesto of providing one job per family, the Congress Government in the State has gone full throttle to ensure its successful implementation.
Distributing appointment letters to the 25 dependents of the deceased employees of PSPCL and PSTCL on compassionate grounds out of total 223 beneficiaries, the Minister said that the ‘Ghar Ghar Rozgar’ scheme is being implemented with unprecedented success throughout the State which is borne out by the facts.
Rana Gurjit said those given appointment letters on Wednesday would be appointed on different admissible posts as per their qualification to the nearest station of their native place. He also said that PSPCL and PSTCL has been working hard to push up the cases of employment to the dependents of its deceased employees.
The Minister elaborated that after taking over the reins by the new State Government, PSPCL and PSTCL has given employment to the 384 dependents of the deceased employees.
On employment plans, the Minister added that PSPCL and PSTCL shall shortly be recruiting 2,800 Assistant Lineman, 300 Lower Division Clerk, 253 Sub Station Attendants and 300 Junior Engineers. He further said that in Irrigation Department too, 254 Junior Engineers have been recruited recently. He said Punjab Government has also signed 34 MOUs with various Industry Associations and Employers during “Employers Meet” held at Indian School of Business on September 5, 2017, which will create job opportunities for about 2.8 lakh youth in the State. Others present on the occasion included Satish Chandra, Addl. Chief Secretary, Power, A. Venu Prasad, CMD, PSPCL & PSTCL and RP Pandov, Director (Admin) PSPCL.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar