- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Punjab Govt gives nod for ropeway project
Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur on Tuesday said the Punjab Government has given its consent to revive the long-pending ropeway project between Anandpur Sahib and Naina Devi on the persuasion of the Himachal Government.
Thakur said he had written a letter to his Punjab counterpart Capt Amarinder requesting him to take personal interest in reviving this long pending ambitious project. A communiqué in this respect from the Punjab Chief Minister has been received by Jai Ram Thakur.
Thakur said the Punjab CM has directed the Secretary Tourism, Punjab Government to finalise all the formalities regarding this project. He said now a fresh MoU would be signed to initiate the work on this project in the right earnest.
The CM said memorandum of understanding was signed between the Governments of Himachal Pradesh and Punjab for setting of this project on public private partnership mode on July 26, 2012.
He said this MoU did not come into effect for certain reasons and was scrapped by the previous Congress Government. Now, the State Government in accordance with its commitment to give special emphasis on religious and adventure tourism has taken necessary steps in this regard, he said.
The Chief Minister added this project will prove a major attraction for the pilgrimage and tourists visiting holy cities of Naina Devi in Himachal and Anadpur Sahib in Punjab.
He added this project will not only be an added attraction to the tourists, but also give a boost the tourism activities in the State.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun