- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Rahul Gandhi doesn’t know what respecting Constitution means: Malik
Launching a scathing attack on Congress national president Rahul Gandhi over his ‘Save the Constitution’ campaign, Punjab BJP president Shwait Malik on Monday termed it a farce.
“The ‘Save the Constitution’ call given by Rahul Gandhi is nothing but a farce, as he himself once publicly disrespected the Constitution…Instead, the Congress party’s constitution needs to be saved from the clutches of the Nehru-Gandhi family,” said Malik.
Malik asked Rahul Gandhi that why only the members from the Nehru-Gandhi family have been the presidents of the Congress. “A Dalit and duly elected president of the Congress, Sitaram Kesri was thrown out as the chief by denouncing the party’s own constitution and instead Sonia Gandhi was installed. Wasn’t it an insult of the party’s constitution and the Dalits?” he asked.
Reminding Rahul Gandhi of 2013 when he tore an Ordinance issued by Congress Prime Minister Dr Manmohan Singh and threw it into a dustbin, Malik said: “You can disagree with the ordinance or law of your own Congress government and you can express your opposition to it in a press conference too, but tearing it apart and saying that you are throwing it into the dustbin certainly is a contempt of the Indian Constitution.”
“Now, since your new-found love for the Dalits has blossomed at once, you should tell us why the Congress, or father of your grandmother Indira Gandhi, Jawahar Lal Nehru conspired and prevented Dr Bhim Rao Ambedkar from winning the elections twice? Why your government did not confer Bharat Ratna on him? Why did not your government develop the historical places linked to his life?” he asked Rahul Gandhi.
Highlighting NDA Government’s achievements, Malik said that after forming the government at the Centre in 2014, BJP-led NDA government initiated 122 welfare schemes like Aawas Yojna, Ujjwala Yojna, Mudra Yojna, Jeevan Bima Yojna etc for the upliftment of Dalits, backward classes and the poor.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi