Rajasthan Govt seeks info from Hry on skill development practices
The Vasundhara Raje led Rajasthan Government has approached the Haryana Government seeking information on practices adopted for skill development in the state. “Having topped the states in the apprenticeship training programme, Haryana is now being looked up to as a guide and mentor by other states,” said Haryana Skill Development & Training Minister, Vipul Goel on Tuesday.
He said the Rajasthan Government has, in a letter to the Skill Development & Industrial Training Department sought information about the works done and practices adopted in the state in this regard so that it could emulate these.
Haryana had been conferred “Champion of Change” award by the Central Government for being the best state in this regard. The State Government made amendments in the Apprentices Act, 1961 in 2014 to encourage adoption of the national apprenticeship training schemes, said the Minister.
Resultantly, there has been considerable increase in the number of youth coming forward to get apprenticeship training. A deputy director has been appointed to give this activity a boost and provide manpower, Goel said.
He further said that the officers concerned are given targets on a monthly basis to prepare database of micro, small and medium scale industries after visiting them. An apprenticeship committee has also been constituted in every district with distinguished persons from renowned industrial institutions as members. It reviews the work of this scheme every three months.
Besides, various campaigns are organized to spread awareness, said the Minister.
Goel informed that more than 41,170 youth had been trained as apprentices so far by the Skill Development & Industrial Training Department. Similarly, registered training institutes for the scheme have been increased from 965 to 10,308.
Haryana Government had awarded 22 such companies at a state level function on March 1 as had absorbed more than 5 per cent apprentices in their organizations. Haryana is committed to implementing the apprenticeship training programme in all entitled establishments, the Minister added.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi