Recognition of Prior Learning Programme launched
Apparel Training and Design Centre (ATDC), India’s Largest Quality Vocational Training Provider for the Apparel sector, launched the first ‘Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) Programme’ under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal VikasYojana (PMKVY) at the factory premises of KG Exports at Ludhiana
Those present on the occasion included Rajat Bhatnagar, State Engagement Officer, National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC), and Kirti Jain, Assistant Director Operations North of Apparel Made-Ups Home Furnishing Sector Skill Council (AMHSCC), Convener LMC, Ajit Lakra and Director General & CEO ATDC, Darlie Koshy. Managing Director of KG Exports, Harish Dua and ATDC RPL Team led by Neera Chandra, Roopali Shukla and others.
Dr Koshy DG & CEO said RPL for a country like India is an absolute necessity as only about 7 to 10 per cent the workforce have received any formal vocational training. In some section it is less than even 5 per cent. Jayant Krishna, COO NSDC said “The Indian apparel industry has seen an upward surge in the demand in the past few years and the industry is showing buoyancy by way of market growth. However, the sector has still to realise much of its huge potential.”
After Ludhiana, ATDC will take up RPL in other States like Punjab, Kerala, TN, Telangana, MP and West Bengal.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar