- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Shimla to have water supply authority
Himachal Cabinet on Monday approved formation of Shimla Jal Prabandhan Nigam Limited (SJPNL) for water supply and wastewater management in Greater Shimla Planning Area and other places in the state.
The decision was taken during the cabinet meeting held here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur.
The estimated project cost is Rs 770 crore and will be implemented with financial assistance from the World Bank. The SJPNL will undertake works including raw water off take treatment and distribution of potable water and recycled non potable water, wastewater collection, treatment, reuse, recycling and disposal, said an official spokesman.
The cabinet has also approved in principle transportation guidelines for the safe plying of transport vehicles deployed in schools. It has also decided that Transport Department would send letter to the principals of all the private schools on behalf the Chief Minister informing them about the school transportation safety guidelines.
The State Government has further decided to provide honorarium of Rs 21,500 per month, three percent annual increment, 12 days casual leave and 10 days medical leave alongwith framing of transfer policy for the Gram Vidya Upasak (EGS) working in Elementary Education Department on the analogy of Primary Assistant Teachers. Apart from this, Rs 21,500 honorarium per month and three percent annual increment will be given to the left out Gramin Vidya Upasaks on the analogy of Primary Assistant Teachers.
The spokesman said that the cabinet also decided to create and fill up various posts in Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) for Shimla and Dharamshala Smart City Mission to execute works worth Rs 2906 crore and Rs 2105 crore for Smart City Shimla and Dharamshala respectively.
For Shimla Smart City, 24 posts would be filled on secondment basis and 26 posts of different categories would be filled up on outsource basis. Similar number of posts would also be filled for Dharamshala Smart City on secondment and outsource basis.
The cabinet has decided to create a new project implementation unit (PIU) Sub Division of HPPWD at Kangu (Salapar) in Mandi district along-with nine posts of different categories for expediting work on widening of Salapar-Tatapani road under Central Road Fund. The Government of India has approved Rs 219 crore for this road, said the spokesman.
He said that the government also gave its nod to construct additional rooms in HPPWD Rest House Thunag in Mandi district.
Besides it gave approval to open new Industrial Training Institute at Nihari in Mandi district with six trades, along-with creation of 30 posts of different categories to man the institute, upgrade veterinary dispensary Sulah to Veterinary Hospital in Kangra district along-with creation and filling up of various posts to manage the hospital and give admission to different courses being run by various institutions affiliated with Technical Education University Hamirpur as per AICTE norms.
In order to provide better mobility to the home guards and civil defence at the time of natural calamities or distress, the cabinet has decided to grant approval to the Home Guard and Civil Defence Department to purchase ten new trucks as replacement for its effective functioning, the spokesman said.
The State Government decided to create and fill up three posts of Junior Office Assistant (IT) in Divisional Commissioner Office Shimla on contract basis. It also gave its nod to employ 12 sweepers in Fisheries Department on part basis to manage various offices and fish farms of the Department, he added.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun