Skills of youth to get momentum in Haryana
Giving skills to the youth in the State will get momentum with the Haryana Government deciding to organise a one-day workshop on apprenticeship at Gurugram on February 28 on the issue.
The move is aimed at generating further momentum for maximum employment opportunities through skilling of youth in both public and private sector in the State.
The decision to hold a workshop was taken at a meeting held on Tuesday under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Manohar Lal to review the progress of all employment initiatives under Saksham Haryana.
The Chief Minister said Government has fixed a target to tap the employment potential for two lakh youth in the State by way of jobs in Government and private sector as well as by self employment.
Describing skill development a major component for getting employment, he said employment opportunities would be created with skilling and professional training of youth through apprenticeship training.
The Chief Minister was informed that most of the initiatives under Saksham Haryana were under implementation whereas some were being evolved. Under the provision of Apprenticeship Act, a target has been fixed to appoint 45,000 people through skilling and professional training both in Government and private sector.
In addition, special event has been planned for private enterprises to generate momentum. This will not only help to produce skill manpower required for industrial growth but will make our youth more capable to get the maximum employment in National Capital Region.
It was also informed that from April 2017 onwards, 447 job fairs have been organised in the State in which job offers were given to 23,300 persons. Also, collaboration with cab aggregators can help in creating 20,000 plus jobs in coming year.
Similarly, collaboration with security guard aggregators is another strong opportunity to generate employment for youth of the State. Under the MUDRA scheme, Rs 5,832 crore have been disbursed among more than 4.72 lakh persons in the State so far for self employment. The Chief Minister also reviewed Saksham scheme, placement platform, employment in Army including ex-servicemen and Saksham Haryana campaign.
Those present in the meeting included Advocate General Baldev Raj Mahajan, Chief Secretary DS Dhesi, Additional Chief Secretary Finance, P Raghvendra Rao and other senior officers.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi