SYL issue: INLD hold protest at Jantar Mantar
Ahead of the proposed ‘Haryana Bandh’ on August 18 on the issue of Sutlej Yamuna Link (SYL) canal, Indian National Lok Dal (INLD), Haryana’s main Opposition party on Thursday held protest at Jantar Mantar in the national Capital demanding construction of the SYL canal as per the directions of the apex court.
“The INLD has held several protests in the past eight months to press for its demand of SYL construction. But the BJP Governments at the Centre and in Haryana have failed to take any concrete step for the construction of SYL canal, which is a lifeline for
the State,” said Leader of opposition and INLD’s senior leader Abhay Singh Chautala while addressing the party workers at Jantar Mantar on Thursday.
Chautala said, “The INLD along with its alliance partner BSP will now observe ‘Haryana Bandh’ on August 18 on the issue of SYL.”
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun