- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
UJALA Scheme launched in Patiala
Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL) under the Ministry of Power in collaboration with Punjab State Power Corporation Limited (PSPCL), launched the Unnat Jeevan by Affordable LEDs and Appliances for All (UJALA) scheme here on Saturday.
The distribution of energy efficient appliances was inaugurated by former Union Minister Preneet Kaur.
“The Government of Punjab is proud to partner with EESL in its energy efficiency initiatives such as the UJALA scheme. With the implementation of UJALA scheme in Punjab, Rs 600 crore would be saved on account of saving of energy,” Kaur said in the function.
She added that help of village panchayats will be taken for the proper implementation of scheme in the rural areas of the State adding that this scheme will help people of Punjab to save energy and costs, while also benefiting environment by reducing emission of greenhouse gases.
A Venu Prasad, Principal Secretary Power Punjab Government cum CMD, PSPCL and PSTCL said that UJALA Scheme launch in Patiala will play an important role in future energy demand management in Punjab. He appealed to the ESSI to make aggressive campaign in the rural areas of the State so that rural consumers can reduce their electricity bills by 50 per cent. He also added that this scheme has already been implemented in seven districts of the State.
Nitin Bhatt, ESL Regional Manager, Punjab said aggressive campaign would be launched in the second week of September in the rural areas of Punjab.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi