- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
‘Check adulterated milk product sale'
The Odisha Milk and Paddy Farmers' Association on Saturday urged the State Government to check adulterated milk products coming into the Odisha market from West Bengal by implementing the Food Safety Act strictly.
“Adulterated milk, paneer, cheese and khua are pouring into Odisha market from Kolkata through the Laxman Nath ahead of the festive season. State milk traders and milk farmers are suffering losses as the adulterated commodities are available at cheaper rates. Hence, the Government should act swiftly to check sale of adulterated milk products,” association president Rabi Behera urged in a letter to Food Supplies and Consumer Welfare Minister Sanjay Kumar Dasburma.
Stating that the adulterated products hampers milk farmers' livelihood and creates health hazard, Behera too urged upon the Minister to take action against the traders who are engaged in selling these products. Besides, he urged the Agriculture Minister to increase the minimum support price (MSP) of the milk and other milk products as the market price of animal feeds and fodders has gone up. The milk farmers too are facing a lot of difficulties due to sinking of grazing lands and lack of animal fodder caused due to drought.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun