11 die in four separate mishaps
Eleven persons have died in four separate road accidents in Tehri, Chamoli and Almora districts over the past 24 hours.
In Almora district, five persons, including four Govt school teachers, died and 9 others were injured when the utility vehicle they were sitting in fell into a deep gorge at Chitai Kalidhar on Almora-Pithoragarh Road on Thursday morning. The injured were admitted at a local hospital, police said, adding that the driver Khajan Ram succumbed at Garampani while being taken to a higher centre in Haldwani.
The four deceased-all teachers- have been identified as Kanta Ballabh Bawari, Geeta Nayal, Lakshmi Sahi and Mohan Chandra Pant. The bodies have been sent for postmortem, said a police officer. The injured have been identified as Kamla Bisht, Kavita Jeena, Chitra Purohit, Deepika Bisht, Meera Gusain, Rajkumar Joshi, and Deeraj Kumar.
In Tehri, four persons died and eight others were injured when the jeep they were sitting in skidded off the road and plunged into a deep gorge at Dhaulidhar on Rishikesh- Badrinath National Highway on Wednesday evening. Three of the deceased have been identified as jeep driver Dalbeer Singh, Kiran and her daughter Shugam. The vehicle was going to Haridwar from Rudraprayag.
Another accident occurred at Loar Mall Road in Almora district on Thursday in which a woman identified as Lakshmi Rautela died when the vehicle she was sitting in fell into a deep gorge. Six others who were sitting in the vehicle were injured and rushed to a local hospital.
In Chamoli district, police have retrieved body of an Indonesian national from under a gorge near Lal Mitti between Narayanbagar and Nalgoan on Karnprayag- Gwaldam National Highway. A cycle supposedly used by the deceased was also lifted from under the gorge. The body has been identified as that of an Indonesian national Umartono Nafal. The body has been sent for autopsy, cop said.
- Cooperation of all necessary to achieve target: Ramsheela Sahu 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CGPCC chief Bhupesh Baghel to hoist tricolour at ‘Rajiv Bhavan’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- NMDC Bacheli Complex bags FIMI’s ‘Tata Steel Mining Sustainability Award’ 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt officials employees to take compulsory pledge for voting 15 Aug 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- CM meets Union Ministers on eco-sensitive zones, mines 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar