1.5 cr saplings to be planted this year
About 1.5 crore tree saplings will be planted across the State during the monsoon season this year. Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat directed all the District Magistrates to ensure that tree plantation is carried out extensively during the rains in addition to execution of measures for water conservation.
Chairing a video conference with all District Magistrates on Tuesday, the Chief Minister directed that a long term plan should be prepared for revival of water sources.
The District Magistrates should identify a place in their respective districts and draft a five-year work plan for tree plantation and water conservation so that a model can be developed in each district. The focus should be on maximising public cooperation and taking the opinion of subject experts, said Rawat. The District Magistrates should themselves take the responsibility of ensuring revival of water sources and extensive tree plantation. The Chief Minister also sought information from the District Magistrates of Dehradun and Almora about the preparations for the planned plantation along the Rispana and Kosi rivers respectively. As much public support as possible should be taken in the efforts aimed at the revival of these rivers, emphasised the Chief Minister.
Officials of the forest department informed that a total of 1.50 crore saplings are slated to be planted on 17,560 hectare land area during the monsoon season this year across the State. About 10.55 lakh saplings will be planted on 1135 hectare area in Uttarkashi, 11.19 lakh saplings will be planted on 1400 hectare in Chamoli, 19.22 lakh saplings will be planted on 1860 hectare in Tehri, 10.26 lakh saplings will be planted on 1260 hectare in Dehradun, 20.16 lakh saplings will be planted on 2600 hectare in Pauri, 9.81 lakh saplings will be planted on 835 hectare in Rudraprayag and 5.46 lakh saplings will be planted on 596 hectare in Haridwar. In the Kumaon region, 11.68 lakh saplings will be planted on 1627 hectare in Nainital, 9.64 saplings will be planted on 1375 hectare in Udham Singh Nagar, 11.15 lakh saplings will be planted on 1496 hectare in Almora, 7.78 lakh saplings will be planted on 896 hectare in Bageshwar, 16.47 lakh saplings will be planted on 1634 hectare in Pithoragarh and 5.62 lakh saplings will be planted on 715 hectare in Champawat district.
The additional chief secretary Ranvir Singh, principal chief conservator of forests Jai Raj, secretary Amit Singh Negi, additional secretary Savin Bansal and other officials were also among those present in the meeting.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar