- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
16K beneficiaries given 28k physical help: Min
Under the ‘Rashtriya Vayoshree Yojana’, a total of 28,005 physical aids and assisted living devices have so far been distributed to 16,361 beneficiaries, said the Union Social Justice and Empowerment Minister, Thawar Chand Gehlot while presiding over a programme organised at SSJ campus Almora. The programme was organised under the aegis of Artificial Limbs Manufacturing Corporation of India (ALIMCO).
The Union Minister said that the scheme was launched at Nellore district of Andhra Pradesh (AP) on April 1 this year. He said that under the scheme, the senior citizens are being provided aids depending on their requirement. These aids include wheel chair, walking sticks, hearing aid, spectacles and denture.
Gahlot said that 696 hearing aid machines, 34 wheel chairs, 745 specs, 288 artificial denture and 788 walking sticks were distributed in the programme, which is the ninth camp under the scheme. The Union Minister made requested the public representatives help the district administration in opening of Day care centres and old age homes in their areas.
In his address, the Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat said that the State Government is committed to provide the benefit of the scheme to the senior citizens in the remote villages of the State. He said that Uttarakhand is the ninth state in the country where this scheme is implemented. Rawat said Almora and Haridwar districts have been chosen for the scheme in the state.
He said the State Government would provide free gas connections to 4 lakh families deprived of cooking gas connection. Expressing concern on migration, he said that Pauri and Almora are the two districts from where maximum migration is reported. The State Government has set up a Rural Development and Migration Commission based in Pauri.
He said that the 670 Nyay Panchayats are being developed as Growth Centres in which 150 to 200 people would get employment opportunities.
Rawat said that two Intensive Care Unit (ICU) centres would be developed in every district of the State. He appealed the people of the State to plant a sapling on birth of every girl. He said that the sanitation should be made a public movement.
The Women welfare and child development Minister, Rekha Arya said that efforts should be made to provide the benefit of the scheme to every eligible person.
The CM also released a book on Yoga written by Navin Bhatt on the occasion. The Managing Director (MD) of ALIMCO dwealt on the scheme at length.
The Union Minister of State for Textile Ajay Tamta, Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment Krishna Kant Gujjar, Raghunath Singh Chauhan, Chandan Ram Das, Mahesh Negi and others were present on the occasion.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi