All ready for Makar Sankranti snan in Haridwar
Devotees started flocking to Haridwar since Saturday afternoon to take dip in the holy Ganga on the auspicious occasion of Makar Sankranti which would start from midnight. Police claimed to have made elaborate security and traffic arrangements for the congregation.
Haridwar senior superintendent of police Krishan Kumar VK briefed the police officers and personnel on Saturday and gave them necessary instructions to ensure peace in the holy city during the congregation of devotees.
A Police officer said that with lakhs of devotees being expected to take holy dip at various ghats in Haridwar on Makar Sankranti they have put into place elaborate security arrangements with the deployment of additional forces.
Elaborate traffic plan has also been drafted for the same, he added.
Haridwar SP City Mamta Vohra has been made in-charge of the entire Mela area and assigned the task of maintaining law and order Besides, she would oversee the traffic arrangements, SSP said.
Meanwhile, the Mela areas have been divided into seven zones and 14 sectors. Deputy SP has been made in-charge of the zones while the police station in-charges, inspectors, senior sub-inspectors and sub-inspectors have been made sector in-charges. Besides, a bomb disposal squad has been formed with its personnel being directed to conduct checking drives regularly to prevent any terror attack during the occasion. Mounted police would be deployed too to maintain peace in the areas which are likely to see huge crowds. Besides, local intelligence unit personnel have been deployed with instruction to keep vigil.
Water police have been appointed at various ghats in addition to stop people from drowning in Ganga while taking the ritualistic holy dip.
A beggar squad has been formed to stop beggars from begging in the mela areas.
A missing found cell has been set up at the city control room to ensure that the missing persons are handed over to their near ones, SSP said, adding that the circle officer City and Kotwali inspector have been directed to launch drive for freeing the places in the mela premises from encroachment and for removing beggars in their jurisdictional limits.
This aside, police patrolling would be intensified by way of ensuring fool- proof security.
He asked all the units to maintain coordination with one another. He added that they are leaving no stone unturned to ensure a peaceful snan.
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun