Armed Forces Veterans take out rally
In protest against slapping of cases against troops of 10th Garhwal Rifles (GR) by Jammu and Kashmir government, large number of armed force veterans took out a protest march on Wednesday. Under the banner of ex- servicemen association many former armed forces personnel assembled at the parade ground and took out a procession. The rally meandered through Lansdowne Chock, Darshanlal Chowk and Clock Tower.
Addressing the rally, the Subedar Major (SM) Teerath Singh Rawat (Rtd) said that it is most unfortunate that criminal cases are being registered against the Jawans and officers of the army in Jammu and Kashmir while they were discharging their duties.
Criminal cases were filed against a Major Aditya Kumar and some jawans of 10th Garhwal Rifles when they fired when an unruly mob of stone pelters in Sopian recently.
Rawat said that Uttarakhand is a land from where large numbers of youngsters join armed forces every year and incidents like this are a blow to the moral of the people.
He said that such against army jawans is deplorable and would not be tolerated.
The veterans also shot off a memorandum to the President of India who is the supreme commander of armed forces. The copies of the memorandum were sent to the Prime Minister, Defense Minister and chairman of the Parliamentary standing committee on defence.
The ex servicemen demanded that a strong law should be enacted against the stone pleters and the armed forces special act should be strengthened. Brigadier K G Bhel (Rtd), Colonel D P S Kataith and others participated in the rally.
- Students felicitated for outstanding leadership on I-Day 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- SHEIN celebrates first anniversary 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Former FM’s spouse remembers Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | VISHVENDU JAIPURIAR | in Ranchi
- Adhunik Power pays homage to Vajpayee 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- In brief 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Man convicted for raping minor girl 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- City girl wins IFTDA polls in Mumbai 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- DC: Lohardaga fairs well in special plan implementation 18 Aug 2018 | Vinod Prasad | in Ranchi
- Preparing for ash immersion, Haridwar still nostalgic 18 Aug 2018 | RADHIKA NAGRATH | in Dehradun
- NH-74 scam: IAS lobby flexes muscles, seeks to meet CM 18 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun