Around 1200 people, including women, attend self-employment seminar
Around 1200 people, including women, attended a self-employment seminar organised in Dehradun by several Government departments and self-help groups among others. The participants were trained on how they can avail the self-employment opportunities being rolled out for them. Among those who were present on the occasion were the Cabinet Minister Subodh Uniyal and the Minister of State Dhan Singh Rawat. They both lauded the efforts of the organisers in hosting the camp.
The camp started at 11 am and continued till 2 pm during which free registration was done for several small scale industries (SSI) and self- help groups (SHG). Among the organisations which hosted the camp included Deen Dayal Seva Pratisthan, Maitree Manthan and Serv Hitaye Vikas Samiti.
The organisers said that the registered participants would beimparted free training by the members of the SSI units and SHGs at their centres, adding that the participants were free to choose any field from Horticulture, spice-making units, industry and tourism and National Rural Livelihood Mission (NRLM).
The main objective of the camp was to make the participants aware of how SHGs and SSIs operate, the organisers said. Some Government officials who were present said that the people in the hills should become self-employed. Migration is no solution, they said. The organisers further said that the those registered should avail free training being provided at the training centres following which they would be in a position to start their own business. The banks would help them with loans, they added.
“Women attended the camp in a good number. Small groups of women are going great in making spices and they are being awarded for their good works,” an organiser of the camp said, adding that after the registration process was over the training would commence to help those registered to be self-employed in multiple fields.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar