BJP mulls action against Champion
The State unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is contemplating disciplinary action on the Khanpur MLA, Pranav Singh Champion who has openly criticised the functioning of U’khand Government. Irked by the posturing of the Champion, BJP is planning to slap show cause notice to the MLA.
Champion who is a four time MLA from Khanpur assembly constituency of Haridwar met the party president Amit Shah in Delhi on Tuesday and put forward his woes. In some videos which have gone viral in social media the MLA is seen giving statements against the Government. In one such video he said that he is a Champion and he doesn’t need any Ministerial position for recognition.
Taking note of utterances of Champion, State BJP president Ajay Bhatt said there is no problem with someone going to Delhi and meeting party leaders but utterances against the Ministers and State Govt would not be accepted. He added that a notice would be served to the MLA and based on the reply the party would decide on further course of action.
The MLA known for his flamboyance and controversies is particularly peeved with powerful leader from Haridwar and Cabinet Min Madan Kaushik. The State Govt has recently seized the powers of President of district Panchayat of Haridwar and set up a three tier committee to look after its functioning. The committee comprises of Wife of Khanpur MLA, Devyani Singh, Ammi Lal and Mohammad Sattar. It is worth mentioning here that Sattar is younger brother of former MLA Mohammad Shehzad and was elected in BSP ticket. Champion is upset on the inclusion of Sattar in the committee. Sattar and his elder brother Shehzad incidentally are very close to Haridwar MLA and powerful cabinet minister Madan Kaushik and it has led Champion to open a front against the Minister and the Government. Political observers are of the view that the Champion who defected to BJP sometime before the assembly election last year could leave the party and go back to Congress’s fold if pushed further.
- Tiwari promises to take up NH 33 plight issue with Centre 22 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- SEBI workshop at VVPS 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Inbrief 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- IIM-R to establish centre in the name of Atal Bihari Vajpayee 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Palamu facing drought, rain deficit 55.33 %, says Kishore 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CM fiat to link rescued trafficking victim girls with jobs 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Deoghar-Basukinath road to become four-lane 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 teenage girls commit suicide by jumping from Tenught Dam 22 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- DRM felicitates Key Man Mathur for averting accident 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Create separate mngmt wing at big hospitals: CM 22 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi