- A MiG 21 fighter jet crashes in Kangra district of Himachal Pradesh: Police.
- Govt is ready for discussion on any issue raised by different political parties: PM Modi
- PM Narendra Modi calls for extensive discussion on important issues of national interest
- Two bodies pulled out of rubble of six-storey under-construction building that collapsed
Braid chopping case: 16-yr-old boy lodges complaint
In the first instance since the braid chopping complaints started surfacing in the State, a 16- year- old boy from Bajpur area of Udham Singh Nagar district lodged a complaint of his hair being chopped under mysterious circumstances on Saturday. Till now, all such complaints related to the women. Bajpur police station in-charge BD Uniyal said that as per the complaint, the incident happened when the village boy was sleeping at his home at noon while his mother was washing clothes outside. His mother rushed in after she heard cry from his scared son whose hair was found chopped. Upon being informed, police reached the area.
Notably, several incidents of braid chopping have been reported from various parts of the state over the past few days. A girl in the Garhi cantonment area of Dehradun had alleged the same on Friday. Another of the ‘victims’ was Ishrana, a resident of Doctorganj in Vikasnagar, Derhadun
In Kashipur, two women from Bhagwantpur (Jaspur) and Muwana, Kashipur had informed the police that their hair had been chopped while the same had been narrated by a class XII student of Government Inter College, Bindukhatta at Lalkuan in Nainital district on Thursday.
Such complaints coming one after another from across the state have left the police flabbergasted as they are unable to do anything save for hearing out the complaints.
A few days ago, the state police chief Anil Kumar Raturi had dubbed all such cases as sheer rumour mongering. While referring to such cases being reported from various police stations of Haridwar, Udham Singh Nagar and Dehradun districts, Raturi had said that nobody should lend any credence to such wild mumbo jumbo. “Being from an educated society, we should outright reject them as fallouts from backward minds steeped in superstitions,” DGP had said.
- Two-month-old dies in 108-Amublance 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- No tuition fee for children under Mukhya Mantri Jan-Kalyan 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Stone laid for Narmada-Parvati link project 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Heavy rain sweeps away 3 children 18 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Centre okays Rs 1131.87 cr projects for HP: Jai Ram Thakur 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Investiture ceremony was held in the Delhi Public School 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- ‘Mor Gaon Mor Desh’ hits theatre 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Govt to step in amid drought fear 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Chas gets ODF status for third year 18 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Measles-Rubella vaccination at Bokaro Thermal 18 Jul 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi