Chief Secy directs officials to expedite PMAY execution
Chief secretary Utpal Kumar Singh said that the beneficiaries of the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) should be provided the intended benefits of the scheme without delay. The chief secretary said this while presiding over a meeting to review work in the PMAY aimed at providing homes for all by 2022 at the secretariat here on Wednesday.
Chairing the meeting of the state level approval and monitoring committee, the chief secretary stressed that all the homeless persons in the state have be to provided homes by 2022 under any circumstance. Singh expressed dissatisfaction at the progress achieved in the execution of this scheme in the state so far. He pointed out that there was a demand for 104971 homes in the state but so far only 16125 homes were being constructed. He said that the housing department should further strengthen the management information system while monitoring system should also be ensured at every level. In addition to this orientation training should be conducted for the officers and other staff of urban local bodies.
The housing secretary Ram Kumar Sudhanshu informed that 14898 homes are to be constructed under the beneficiary-based scheme. Those who have 30 square metre land will be provide Rs 2,00,000 subsidy for construction of a home. So far 11,860 people have received the benefits. A total of 38472 homes are to be constructed under the affordable housing in partnership mode. Under this mode, those without land and those living in rented accommodation will be provided Rs 2,50,000 subsidy for constructing a home on 30 square metre area. A total of 2864 persons have been provided this benefit so far. Similarly, under the credit linked subsidy scheme, a total of 14248 homes are to be constructed. Under this scheme, homeless families will be provided interest subsidy on loan of Rs 6,00,000 to Rs 10,00,000 for construction of home on 30 square metre to 150 square metre area. About 1401 people have been provided the benefit of this scheme. During its meeting the committee granted approval construction of 885 homes under 14 local bodies including Kapkot, Doiwala, Manglaur, Kotdwar, Badkot, Naugaon, Chinyalisaud, Pokhri, Haldwani, Nanakmatta, Bazpur, Berinag, Champawat and Kichha.
- IN BRIEF 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 300 Armymen move SC against AFSPA dilution 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- XIMB Fin Assn holds biz meet ‘Finomics’ 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 dowry deaths in Jspur; hubbies arrested 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Keonjhar DM holds grievance meet 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Nimapara Excise SI arrested taking bribe 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Hardeep killing: PLFI cadre gets life term 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- CUO, Koraput holds talk on gender issues 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Trivendra Rawat greets citizens on Independence Day 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Guv stresses on need to create New India 15 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun