CM launches FLO Uttarakhand
Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat launched the Uttarakhand chapter of FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO), the women business wing of the apex business body Federation of Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) in Dehradun on Saturday. He said that Uttarakhand government is committed to empowering women as they are a major force in improving the economic status of their families and contribute to the development of the state. “As all-round development of the state is not possible without the empowerment of women the state government has come up with several initiatives for the welfare of women and their empowerment,” he said on the occasion.
“We want industrialists, particularly the women entrepreneurs, to make use of the cordial industrial relations in the state to facilitate investment, help strengthen the state’s economy and create job opportunities especially for the women. We would seriously work on the suggestions made by FLO which include setting up of industrial parks for women and mahila haats, “ he said.
FLO currently has chapters in Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Indore, Jaipur, Kolkata, Lucknow- Kanpur, Ludhiana, Mumbai, North East and Pune with its head office in Delhi, said Vasvi Bharat Ram, president, FICCI Ladies Organisation (FLO).
- Demolition continues, encroachment in gated colonies to be razed too 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Massive plantation drive: DM takes stock of situation 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- KFW to provide fund for cleaning Ganga & clean drinking water 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Dehradun may experience heavy rain fall 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Vacant posts of teachers in the universities should be filled soon: Guv 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- CM raises RAF shift with Rajnath 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Power generation resumes at Chilla power house 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Administrative void in GDMC hospital 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Shahzad keeps political options open 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Speculations rife as CM, Bhatt summoned to Delhi 19 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun