- Former Union minister P Chidambaram moves Delhi court seeking anticipatory bail in
- NASA set to launch world's first mission to touch the Sun
- Need to strike a balance between conflicting rights of protestors and that of citizens:
- Toronto police say nine people shot and shooter is dead in city's Greektown.
Decks being cleared for Fee Regulation Act to control pvt schools
Decks are being cleared for bringing in a comprehensive Fee Regulation Act -2018 to rein in private schools in Uttarakhand. The State education department has prepared a draft of the act according to which the pvt schools would be divided into different grades and there would be an upper limit on the fee the schools can charge depending on its grade. Under the act, the schools would have to upload complete detail of their fees structure on their website.
The Education Min Arvind Pandey took a meeting with the department officers at State secretariat on Monday where discussions on draft of the Fee Regulation Act were held.
Later talking to the newsmen, he said that under the proposed act, ‘Regulation Committees’ at District and State level would be constituted. The secretary of school education, director of Education, a renowned Chartered Accountant (CA), Chief Engineer of PWD, parent member nominated by Secretary and representatives of private schools would constitute the state level committee. The district level committee would have District Magistrate, Chief Education Officer (CEO) , Executive Engineer (EE) of PWD , CA, parent member nominated by DM and representatives of private schools. The Minister claimed that if everything goes under as per the plan then the act would get the clearance of the state cabinet soon. The State Government would have to table the Fee Regulation Bill in the state assembly to get its nod.
The committees at district and state level would grade the private schools on various parameters like infrastructure facilities, faculty and past record. The department would also fix the upper limit of fees under each category.
It is learnt that the department has brought in strict penalties in the draft of the proposed act. The term of the state level and district committees would be of two years. There is a provision of financial penalty in first and second confirmed violation of the act and in third violation a provision of cancelling the recognition of the school is made.
The education experts feel that if the Education Minister is able to get the Fee Regulation Act implemented than he will do a big favor to the parents getting harassed by the whims and fancies of private school operators.
- Cong looking for new district president in Raipur 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Marriage of daughter is a heart touching moment: CM 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Mobile phones distribution to commence from July 30 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- New hospitals at Raipur,Korba & Dallirajhara 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Raipur to have Tennis Academy 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Jogi makes Richa in-charge for Rajnandgaon constituency 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Ambulance employees’ stir continues 23 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Camel’s Back Road: Mussoorie's Invaluable Heritage 23 Jul 2018 | JASKIRAN CHOPRA | in Dehradun
- Signature campaign launched, seeking probibition on pornography 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- Kokaa Kokaa launched 23 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun