- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
Education gave confidence to youth: Guv
The Governor of Uttarakhand, Krishan Kant Paul said that education would attain its true meaning when the youth would work consistently for the welfare of the society and the nation. He was addressing the gathering at the third convocation ceremony of the Uttarakhand Open University at Haldwani on Tuesday as the chief guest.
The Governor said that it was education that gave confidence and strength to students which enabled them to face challenges in life. He said reading good books and learning from the lives of great men and leaders should be done by students. The Governor said education was a long term process and one should try to keep learning throughout life .He said universities also had their responsibility in keeping alive values among students.
He said that universities must contribute to nation building and welfare of society. He expressed the hope that Uttarakhand Open University would help preserve Indian culture while developing youth as good students with strong values. He said skills must be developed in the students according to local requirements .Students should be digitally literate.
The Governor said that the University should conduct its activities in accordance with National Skill Mission. Job-oriented courses should be run by the University and placements should also be seen to.
The Governor stressed the need for use of technology in imparting education. Smart campuses should be created by Universities which would have virtual classes and digital libraries.
The Governor said that the UOU was making progress in fulfilling its objectives. For this, he congratulated the VC, executive council, academic council, teachers and students. He congratulated the passing-out students and awarded them degrees and diplomas.
State Minister for higher education, Dhan Singh Rawat said on the occasion that principals had been appointed in all colleges. He invited suggestions regarding the Indian dress code for convocations.
He said that within six months, V-Cs would be appointed in all Universities. V-C of UOU, Professor Nageshwar Rao threw light on the activities and achievements of the University. He said that in this third convocation, more than eight thousand students from the 2016-2017 session were being given degrees. He said that the University now had 40,000 students.
The Kumaon University V-C DK Nauriyal, Registrar RC Mishra other academicians and officials were also present on the occasion.
- KASAULI, DAGSHAI AND SUBATHU: The Quaint Cantonment Hill stations 16 Jul 2018 | Amitabh Shukla | in Chandigarh
- ‘Writing’ to Lord Shiva is Cong’s shallow tactics: Chouhan 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Six of debt-ridden family commit suicide in Hazaribag 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Stormy monsoon session on cards in Jharkhand 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- 2 BSF troopers martyred in gun battle with Maoists 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Govt to withdraw SC cases of businessmen on GST: Goyal 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Inbrief 16 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Bhopal
- Fashion Designer of the Year Award presented 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- MPSSA first to provide int’l-level facilities to players: Vijay Kumar 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Several events presented under Uttaradhikar series 16 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal