‘Ensure better education in colleges’
To impart the quality education in State universities, State Minister for Higher Education Dr Dhan Singh Rawat convened a meeting with Vice Chancellors, Registrars and officers concerned in secretariat on Saturday. During the meeting, he instructed them to ensure better education in their colleges and universities. “Union Government working to frame a new education policy, they have sought suggestion from Uttarakhand,” he said while asking those present to prepare note of suggestion and to appoint nodal officer too.
He asked them to make mandatory singing of the national song Vandematram and unfurling of the national flag. He also asked them to install biometric system by August 30. He stressed on samadhan portal and academic calendar being prepared.
“Those running the institutions must make it mandatory that classes are held for 180 days and the students’ attendance must be 75 percent. Parents would be informed in case the percentage falls below. Super-100 classes must be held in the universities as part of which 50 students would be imparted coaching in Almora and Srinagar. Besides, a list of 100 meritorious students must be made to be provided with laptops. E-library must be set up in each district. Each university should be connected with Wi-Fi. The State Government has decided to make Uttarkhand 100 percent literate by 2019. For this ,each university, including the private ones, should adopt five villages for literacy campaign,” he said.
He also asked them to complete the students’ union election in the college and the universities by September 10 in Garhwal and by September 25 in Kumaon divisions.
He also given some instruction for the book fair, which is going to happen between August 28- September 5, 2017 at parade ground, and invite literarian from state and outside the state too. Following on the theme of Padhega Bharat to Badhega Bharat, they have kept theme for the book fair i.e. Padega Uttarakhand to badhega Uttarakhand. The fair will be inaugurated by the governor on august 28. He instructed the culture department to organise skit and cultural programme daily and ensure at least 300-400 children should participate in the programme. He has asked them to make appropriate arrangement of police to maintain law and order and asked the municipal corporation dehradun to maintain sanitation in and around the venue during fair.
- PM Modi targeted the entire opposition over no-confidence motion 22 Jul 2018 | Pioneer News Service | in Lucknow
- GRP Personnel arrested two persons with Rs 2 crores 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- Modi failed to prove allegation of corruption in Rafale deal 'Wrong' : Deepankar Bhattacharya 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP police is acting like bouncers of Yogi: Raj Babbar 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- ACOGOA called nationwide indefinite strike in UP 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt to adopt block chain technology to maintain digital record of lands 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- UP govt reintroduced pension for Yash Bharati and Padma awardees 22 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Lucknow
- CM reviews preparation of arrival of Prez 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Digvijay: I have taken oath to follow Constitution 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Avantika Srivastava to represent State in Mrs India Pageant 22 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur