FCI union warns of violent stir in support of their demands
Members of the State union of Food Corporation of India (FCI) Employees Association staged a one-day strike on Tuesday. The workers demanded wage revision which is due from 2017.
According to the State president of the union, Ramesh Chandra Singh Negi, the union has staged several protests earlier in order to have their demands fulfilled. “We even approached the Union Minister Ram Vilas Paswan on the matter, but to no avail,” he added.
The central committee members of the union like T S Mina, Ajit Singh and Anil Sharma said that they might go for protest rallies in other parts of the country like Delhi and NCR in the future. Besides, a day-long stir would follow on Wednesday too to press their demands, they said.
Protesters also warned that if no positive result comes out and the State Government does not do something by way of conceding their demands the next phase of the stir might be violent.
Among those who were present during the stir on Tuesday included the State secretary Virendra Singh Rana aside from Jagdish Mehta, Sachin Rana, Vipin Gaud, Pratap Singh Negi and Pradeep Tamta. They all said that they are determined to take the stir to the next phase if the Government remains indifferent towards their demands.
- Odia version of PM’s ‘Exam Warriors’ released 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Bid to gag media must be protested’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- ‘Librarians key to modern education system’ 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- 2 girls die, three others critical of JSpur family 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Lions Club BBSR holds installation festival 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Cong protests over CMC failures 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Woman succumbs to labour pain in absence of doctor 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Jajpur teacher held for raping minor 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar
- Giridih police seize 37 cattle 14 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- A’garh newlywed dies due to burn injury 14 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Bhubaneswar