- 15 injured as makeshift tent collapses during Modi's Midnapore rally, PM visits hospital.
- Our government working to double farmer income by 2022: PM Modi
- Journalist Upendra Rai arrested by CBI in fresh case of alleged corruption: Officials
- Kerala church scandal: SC to hear tomorrow anticipatory bail plea of priest
GDMC’s MRI machine back to work
In a major relief for the patients, the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) machine of the Government Doon Medical College (GDMC) hospital got operational on Wednesday.
The important radiodiagonstic machine of the biggest hospital of the State has been non functional from last one month.
The hospital administration initially claimed that the MRI machine would be repaired soon but it took almost a month as one of a malfunctioning parts had to be imported.
The dysfunction of the machine was creating problems to the patients and the waiting list of the patients for MRI had crossed 150.
The Principal of the GDMC, Dr Pradip Bharati Gupta said that the one part (capacitor) of the machine was imported from Singapore. He said that the machine started functioning on Wednesday morning.
In view of the long waiting list of the patients the MRI technicians of the department have decided to work longer than normal duty hours for few days.
In absence of the important radio diagnostic machine, the patients visiting the hospital are facing the problems. More than 30 MRIs are done by the machine in a day.
The fee of an MRI in the hospital is Rs 3,500 only while no fee is taken from the Below Poverty Line (BPL) patients. On the other hand the private centres charge about Rs 7,000 to Rs 10,000 for an MRI scan.
The associated hospital of the GDMC is only facility in Dehradun and nearby districts where facility of MRI is available in a Government centre. Interestingly this important machine developed snags three times during last year.
The 1.5 Tesla MRI machine was installed at the biggest hospital of the State in the year 2009 at cost of Rs 7 crores.
- Pranaam Pawas: A poetic event organised to welcome monsoon 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Rudali: A play on women’s struggles staged 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- HC allows teenager rape victim to abort 26-week foetus 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Raipur
- Citizens plan to approach court if drive diluted 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- BJP MLAs & Cong leaders oppose anti-encroachment drive in Premnagar Bazaa 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Dehradun
- 155 cm height fixed for women candidates for police posts 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Woman straying away to Bengal returns home 17 Jul 2018 | Staff Reporter | in Bhopal
- Hry Govt to begin special transport service for girl students of Mewat, Morni hills 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Punjab CM approves solar energy project in agri fields 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Chandigarh
- Inbrief 17 Jul 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi