IAF mulls setting up a firing range at Munsyari
To increase its capability in strategically important Sino- Indian border, the Indian Air Force (IAF) considers setting up a firing range in Munsyari in Pithoragarh district of Uttarakhand.
Senior officials of the Central Air Command of IAF led by Air Marshall S B P Sinha met the Uttarakhand chief minister Trivendra Singh Rawat at the state secretariat on Tuesday and held discussions on many issues regarding security of the strategically important places. In the meeting the IAF officials requested the state government to grant permission for setting up a firing range near Munisiyari to be used for target practice from air to land. The delegation expressed gratitude to the CM for his support to re-activate air strips at Dharasu, Gauchar and Pithoragarh.
The Chief Minister said that Uttarakhand being a strategically important state, the State Government is ready to provide all kind of support to the air force. On the firing range issue, CM said that a proposal should be sent to the State Government. The State Government would grant permission after getting the proposal examined, he said.
Giving details of the firing range project, the Wing Commander Ashutosh Mishra said that joint survey with local administration has been done. He clarified that only low intensity bombs are used for target practice and there is no harm to the environment and it sparks no danger of landslides. The IAF official added that all the security norms have been fulfilled completely and the range would be used only for three weeks in a year.
Later talking to the newsmen, the Air Marshall Sinha said that the State Government has provided good support during the operation ‘Gagan Shakti’ of the IAF.
He said that the area is strategically important and IAF wants to increase its capacity here. The Air Marshall further said that the IAF is ready to help the state during the time of disaster.
- Steel sector witnessing positive growth: Narendran 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Saryu underscores challenges on I-Day 17 Aug 2018 | Parvinder Bhatia | in Ranchi
- Tourist Docs hold medical camp in PTR’s Maromar 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Westside opens doors to fashion enthusiasts 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand, land of brave people: Guv 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- Jharkhand overcame darker days: Raghubar Das 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- New M3 Time EVM rushed at Bokaro 17 Aug 2018 | Ashis Sinha | in Ranchi
- Police recover dead body of Hawildar 17 Aug 2018 | SURESH NIKHAR | in Ranchi
- Excise Dept seizes foreign liquor, one arrested 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi
- CMD CCL inaugurates digital radiography, dialysis machines 17 Aug 2018 | PNS | in Ranchi